Michael Jackson’s cause of death found. Was Michael Jackson’s death caused by a painkiller overdose? Sources report Michael Jackson went into cardiac arrest after an injection of Demerol, a narcotic pain reliever similar to Morphine.
According to TMZ:
Law enforcement sources tell us a BMW belonging to the doctor was towed from Jackson’s home last night. Cops are looking to interview the doc.
A law enforcement source says:
The doctor gave Jackson an injection before he died.
Jackson reportedly may have OD’d on Demerol. As we first reported, family members were concerned that Jackson was taking too much morphine.
A source at the UCLA hospital’s emergency room said:
“Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing. His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped.”
“His staff started mouth-to-mouth and an ambulance was called which got there in eight minutes “But found he was in full respiratory arrest, no breathing and no pulse. They started full CPR and rushed him to hospital.”
“When he arrived they started resuscitation, giving him heart shocks and inserted a breathing tube and other supportive measures to try and save his life.
“He never regained consciousness.The family was told that he had passed.”
The Jackson’s family lawyer, Brian Oxman, said:
Michael had collapsed at the home he rented in Los Angeles’ Holmby Hills, with his brother Randy Jackson present.
He had been taking prescription painkillers including anti-anxiety drugs Xanax, Zoloft and painkiller Demerol in recent months.
Jackson may have had trouble with prescription drugs as he prepared for his London show.
“This was something which I feared and something which I warned about,” Oxman said on CNN. “I can tell you for sure that this is something I warned about. Where there is smoke there is fire.”
So what exactly is Demerol?
Demerol brand of meperidine is a synthetic opiate narcotic, very similar to Morphine. It is very addictive.